The ITAA Distinguished Scholar Lecture Series was established to:
- Acknowledge ITAA members who have contributed outstanding scholarship in a specific area, and increase the knowledge base of graduate students and faculty on special topics.
- The scholar will present a lecture at the forthcoming annual conference that summarizes the major scholarly themes within his/her field of expertise, describes his/her contributions to the field, and projects directions for the future. The recipient will receive a waiver of conference registration and $1,500.00 from ITAA. For a list of past recipients, click here.
The nomination packet should be submitted by the nominator in electronic form through the ITAA Submission Link no later than February 1.
The packet should contain:
1. Nominator’s name, address, telephone number, and electronic mail address
2. Nominee’s name address, telephone number, and electronic mail address
3. Evidence (prepared by Nominee) of attained professional recognition and conduct in terms of continuous and valuable contributions to scholarship in the field, and substantial scholarly contributions to the field as evidenced by any or a combination of research, theory, teaching pedagogy, publications, creative endeavors, and/or work promoting public policy.
The packet should also contain:
1. Evidence of ITAA membership
2. Current curriculum vita
3. One letter of nominaiton from an ITAA member
4. One letter of support from someone outside the nominee's institution
5. One page abstract of proposed lecture
The nominee must be willing, if selected, to address the organization summarizing the major scholarly themes within his/her field of expertise, presenting his/her contributions to the field, and projecting directions for the future.
PDF and submit all materials electronically through the ITAA Submission LInk.
For a list of past recipients, click here.