Colleagues and associates are encouraged to nominate an ITAA member for Fellow. This is the highest award bestowed upon ITAA members. An ITAA Fellow shall be an active, reserve, or emeritus ITAA member whom the Association desires to honor for significant contributions to the field of textiles and clothing and/or service within ITAA. For a list of ITAA Fellows, click here.
A complete nomination should be submitted through the ITAA online submission process no later than February 1.
Criteria for evaluating nominees include:
- Teaching excellence
- Ongoing professional development
- Significant research or creativity contributions
- Scope and breadth of professional presentations
- Exceptional ITAA service
- Significant contribution to field of textiles and clothing
The following nomination materials are required and must be submitted online through the ITAA Website:
1. An information sheet that includes:
a. Nominator’s name, address, telephone number, and Email address;
b. Nominee’s name address, telephone number, and Email address;
c. Email address of the University Communications/Marketing division affiliated with the nominee.
d. 200 word description of nominee’s accomplishments suitable for a “press release”.
2. A letter of nomination
3. A minimum of five (5) letters of support from other ITAA members. Letters should specify reasons for the nomination (contributions and/or service) and highlight the significant and exceptional research, teaching, and service to ITAA. Letters of support from outside the organization may be included in addition to the five from members. (Nominator should retain original copies of the support letters. Support letters will be compiled into presentation packets for Fellow awardees.)
4. A vita of the nominee. The vita should be well organized with documented evidence for such activities as scholarship contributions (refereed or juried works, grants), teaching/advising innovations and excellence; pertinent professional development; and service, leadership and participation in ITAA and other organizations.
5. Photo on nominee (minimum 300 dpi).
Compile files into one folder. Name the folder, “Fellow-Nominee’s Name”. Compress folder into a zip file and be prepared to upload the zip file during the online submission process. Deadline for submissions is February 1. Online submission site opens January 6.
Selection Procedure The VP of Operations will distribute the materials among the Faculty Fellowship and Awards Committee; at least one ITAA Fellow will serve on the review committee. Recommendations from the committee, including a summary of the criteria from which the recommendations were drawn, will be forwarded to the Vice-President for Operations who will present the nominations(s) to the Executive Council for a 2/3 majority vote and final selection.
Fellow Recognition Upon Council approval of the nomination(s), the VP of Operations will notify the nominee. Receipt of materials grants permission to use the materials for publicity and retention in the ITAA archives. ITAA Fellows are recognized at the annual conference. Fellows receive conference registration fee waiver, ITAA Fellow pin, an opportunity to share their appreciation for receiving the award through the ITAA newsletter, and are presented with a copy of the nomination letter and supporting materials.