The "Program at a Glance" pages (4-5) contain links to take you to specific pages of the conference program.
Build - A - Program
Build Your Own Conference Program
Last year suggestions were made to allow members to create a document that shows only their presentation/activity choices for the conference. To that end, we introduce Build-A-Program, using an excel spreadsheet of the conference program and a template for creating your own personal program for the conference -- using the “mailings” function in MSWord.
Review the full program and find the presentations and activities of special interest to you.
Then -- Build-A-Program. You must download:
Become familiar with the structure of the Excel spreadsheet before you actually build your own program. The Excel spreadsheet lists every presentation/meeting/general session, etc. for the conference. In the concurrent breakout sessions, each presentation has a “Slot” number – showing its order in the session. The spreadsheet has been sorted by Day, Time, Concurrent Session #1-7, Slot #1-4, Room.
When you look at the presentations in the spreadsheet for a given day and time period, the first presentations(#1 slot) follow each other, then #2 slot presentations, and so forth, (Since special topics session take the full time slot, they are given a slot number of 1-4.) So, you can choose #1 in one room, #2 in another room, etc. or select just a special topics session.
1. Save the Build-A-Program template file and the 2013 Build-A-Program Excel file to your computer.
2. Open the Template file—a box opens –
“Opening this document will run the following SQL command, SELECT *FROM ‘Sheet1$” Data from your database will be placed in the document. Do you want to continue?
Click “yes”. Template file opens.
3. You will see a preset listing, and this shows the format set in the template.
4. Choose “Mailings” from the MSWord header.
5. Select [Start Mail Merge] (should be set to “Directory”).
6. Select [Edit Recipient List] (clear check marks, and then check entries on the spreadsheet list that you want to include in your personal program).
7. Select [Preview Results] (to see how your individual entries will look).
8. Select [Finish & Merge]
a. Select [Edit Individual Documents]
b. “Merge to New Document” box appears. Select “All” and “OK”
9. New MSWord document is generated that contains all of your selected listings. Save/print this file for your use. It can be edited further as you wish.
More advanced users can edit/replace the template.