Pearson/Prentice Hall Lecturer
Pearson/Prentice Hall is one of the leading book publishers in the world and publishes numerous textbooks for the textile, apparel, fashion, and retailing markets. Because of the company’s interest in supporting our academic field, it is sponsoring this award to recognize outstanding contributions to the field. The award recipient will give the Pearson/Prentice Hall Distinguished Lecture at the ITAA Annual Conference. The recipient will receive a waiver of conference registration by ITAA and a check for $1,500.00, sponsored by Pearson/Prentice Hall.
Both the nomination and the application packet prepared by the nominee must be submitted through the online submission site by February 1. The nominator is responsible for contacting the nominee and soliciting from him/her the items required for the application. The nomination and application materials must contain the following information:
- An information sheet that includes: nominator’s name, address, telephone number, and Email address; nominee’s name address, telephone number, and Email address; Email address of the University Communications/Marketing division affiliated with the nominee; 200 word description of nominee’s accomplishments suitable for a “press release”.
- Letter of nomination from an ITAA member.
- Minimum of one letter of support in addition to nomination
- Current curriculum vita of nominee.
- One page narrative prepared by the nominee describing the focus of her/his work.
- Evidence prepared by the nominee that s/he has attained professional recognition and conduct in terms of:
- education (including teaching, research, administration, and outreach) must be the primary focus of the individual’s work;record of distinguished contributions to the textile/apparel field over a period of time;and ability to deliver a thought provoking lecture at the annual conference.
- Photo of nominee (minimum 300 dpi).
Compile files into one folder. Name the folder, “Pearson-Nominee’s Name”. Compress folder into a zip file and be prepared to upload the zip file during the online submission process. Deadline for submissions is February 1. Online submission site opens January 7.
The nominee must be willing, if selected, to address the organization summarizing the major scholarly themes within his/her field of expertise, presenting his/her contributions to the field, and projecting directions for the future.