|Best Paper Submission Instructions|
Online Best Paper Submission
Only the entrant who submitted the work will receive the notification emails; it is the responsibility of the submitting author to notify other authors. Submitting author must be a member of ITAA.
Complete the Submission Form.
1. Only current members will be allowed to complete the submission process.
2. Begin submission process by logging on to the submission page.
3. List your institution.
4. List the name of your faculty advisor.
5. List your faculty advisor’s email address.
6. List the title of your paper exactly as it should appear in the conference program.
7. List author information (names, institutions) exactly as it should appear in the conference program.
8. Enter the track in which the proceedings article should be grouped. Choose from:
Aesthetics/Design/Product Development – including the creative process, factors of design, body scanning, product development for target markets, specification development, etc.
Consumer Behavior – including phenomena related to how consumers behave in the marketplace, shopping behavior, fashion movement, merchandise quality, consumption patterns and consumer practices.
Culture – including cross-cultural comparisons, critical theory, ethnic studies, feminist theory, ethnographic studies, and anthropological approach.
Fashion Studies – including theory of fashion, critical analysis of fashion through interdisciplinary thought, fashion as object, practice, etc.
Historic – including artifact analysis, historic trends, archeological studies, cross-cultural comparisons, etc.
International – including trade analysis, economic theory, sourcing, global supply-chain, etc.
Merchandising/Marketing/Retailing I. Management – including issues related to satisfaction, stores, the retail process, etc.
Merchandising/Marketing/Retailing II. Visual & Promotion – including issues related to E-commerce, advertising, branding, retail atmospherics, etc.
Pedagogy – the art and science of teaching including critical pedagogy, curriculum development, systematic analysis of teaching, etc.
Popular Culture – includes critical analysis of popular culture as it relates to the area of apparel/textiles including communication, ideas, perspectives, attitudes, images, media, etc.
Professional Development & General – including future trends for the profession, curriculum issues, industry or inter-disciplinary linkages, professional development, etc.
Social/Psychological Aspects – including appearance management, identity, group behavior, popular culture, body image, acculturation, gender and dress, etc.
Sustainability/Social Responsibility – including issues focusing on environmental and social impact across all tracks.
Textile & Apparel Industries – including sizing, manufacturing, socially responsible practices, production technology, etc.
Textile/Apparel Science – including fiber science, functional dress, etc.
Technical Design – including design research from diverse positions, recognizing that design includes apparel, costume, textiles, accessories, functional and technical design, apparel product development, and fashion illustration, etc.
9. Select the level for review: Graduate-Doctoral, Graduate-Masters, or Undergraduate.
10. Check copyright agreement terms.
11. Browse/select the Proceedings file to upload.
12. Browse/select the Full Paper file to upload.
13. Click “submit” to complete the submission process.